A lovely summer meal.
It's great if you marinate the lamb steaks the night before, or at least for 4 hours before cooking. Bring to room temperature before cooking.
Lamb marinade: juice of 1 lemon mixed with 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp coriander, black pepper and 1 tbsp olive oil.
1. Prepare the marinade and soak lamb steaks in it overnight.
2. Prepare an aubergine, cutting it into rounds.
3. Heat a heavy frying pan for 4-5 mins then fry the aubergine (in batches if necessary) in olive oil for 3 mins each side. Tip into a bowl and season. The aubergine will soften more as it cools.
4. Put the lamb steaks in the pan and fry until cooked to your preference.
5. Tear up some mozzarella and put it with the aubergine.
6. Prepare cous cous according to packet instructions.
7. Before serving, blast the aubergine in the microwave to reheat and melt the mozzarella.
Variation: Add a side salad with rocket.
Add a dressing of 1 tsp mint, 1 clove garlic, 1 tsp red wine vinegar, 1 tbsp olive oil OR 250g Greek yoghurt, 1 tsp mint and 1 tbsp lemon juice